Strategic Economic Development Study
The Economic Development Study is examining the needs of existing businesses in the historic Fort Mitchell business district (see general study area map). It focuses on improving the local business environment and will serve as a strategic resource for directed investment by the City. The study is designed to review essential elements such as mobility, parking, streetscape, sense of place, and communication among businesses and with the City.
The study will incorporate public input via a Task Force to guide the study, electronic communication, surveys, a business round table, and at least one public meeting. The final plan will be presented to the City Council for its consideration and will serve as a guide for local improvements.
CLICK HERE for River City News Article
Task Force Members
• Gabe Wainscott, Greyhound Tavern
• Shanna Novosel, Biggby Coffee
• Dr. Michael Cummings, Cummings Dentistry
• Elizabeth Hughes, Little Flower Bakery
• Tara Johnson-Noem, United Way
• Shad Sletto, EGC Construction
• David Spaulding, Turner Construction
• Vicky Boerger, Fort Mitchell City Council
• Greg Pohlgeers, Fort Mitchell City Council
• Jeff Bethell, KCPC & Fort Mitchell Resident
The study will take place over the course of approximately six months and is expected to be completed during the fall of 2018.
Questions and Updates
If you have questions or would like to receive updates on the project email City Administrator Sharmili Reddy SReddy@FortMitchell.com