Applications, resume, and cover letter deadline – Friday, March 1, 2019, 4:30
CLICK HERE for an application
The Fort Mitchell Kentucky Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Applications will be accepted from those with or without police experience. Retired officers eligible for re-hire are also encouraged to apply. Applications for Employment along with a resume and cover letter must be returned by Friday, March 1, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
The City of Fort Mitchell, with a population of 8,200 is centrally located in Kenton County, KY. The City is comprised of a mix of established suburban residential areas and small commercial districts. I-75 and US 25/Dixie Highway cross the city driving significant amounts of traffic to and through the city each day.
The Fort Mitchell Police Department is a 15 officer police department providing 24/7/365 police coverage to the city. Dispatched call volume in the city is moderate, affording officers the opportunity for pro-active police work and community involvement. Opportunities for specialization include a bike patrol, full-time detective position, school resource officer position, and K9 officer. Additionally, the police department works to empower individual officers to follow their interests in taking on responsibilities beyond routine patrol.
The Fort Mitchell Police Department offers competitive pay ($20-$28 per hour) and benefits commensurate with experience. Benefits include take-home fleet, on-site gym, phone stipend, holiday pay, and competitive vacation and sick leave policies. Applicants must be a high school graduate, at least 21 years of age, free of felony conviction, and possess a valid driver’s license. Bachelor’s or Associate degree strongly preferred. Applications are available at the Fort Mitchell City Building, 2355 Dixie Highway, Fort Mitchell, Kentucky 41017 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or may be downloaded. EOE – Applicant’s assistance under the ADA Act contact 859-331-1212.
PUBLIC WORKS LABORER
Application Deadline – Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 4:30
CLICK HERE for an application
Normal Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. The required work week is 40 hours. Overtime or hours outside the normal work hours are sometimes required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the placing of concrete and asphalt on city owned streets and sidewalks
- Assist in maintaining and landscaping of city owned properties/facilities.
- Perform manual loading/unloading of utilized vehicles.
- Operates various city owned trucks and motorized machinery
- Operates various landscaping and construction tools and equipment
- Perform daily preventative maintenance duties on vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- Detect malfunctions in equipment and make minor repairs or request repair.
- Prepare required reports and records.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Works under the direct supervision of the assigned Public Works supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Work is performed in a field setting.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and reach with hands and arms. This employee is required to stand and walk frequently.
The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally the employee is required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Close Vision (clear vision up to 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision up to 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral Vision
- Depth Perception
- Ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions, and will have to work near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally the employee will be exposed to extreme heat (non-weather related) and vibrations. The employee may sometimes be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud to very loud.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school, or equivalent.
- At least 3 months’ work experience in similar field.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Geographical knowledge of the city.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CDL Class B License is preferred. CDL Class B will need to be obtained the first six months of employment. Training will be provided.
- Subject to pre-employment physical, drug testing, criminal history and background check.
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance
The City of Fort Mitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Submit resume and application by March 6, 2019 to Matt Stegman, Public Works Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 2355 Dixie Highway, Fort Mitchell, KY 41017.