The Fort Mitchell Police Department shall:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional excellence.
- Deter criminal activity and seek, detect, and arrest offenders of the law.
- Enhance traffic safety, deter motor vehicle crashes, and enforce the Kentucky Statutes on driving violations.
- Maximize compliance with state laws, city ordinances and administrative rules.
- Provide support services to meet law enforcement and emergency needs.
- Provide 24-hour, 7-day-per-week, services to people within the City of Fort Mitchell.
- Provide the expertise and resources to educate the public in life safety, crime prevention, and drug education and resistance.
The Fort Mitchell Police Department has been entrusted with the duty and responsibility to preserve, protect, and defend people and property and maintain social order. This public trust mandates that all members exemplify the highest standard of conduct both on and off duty.
Departmental members shall uphold all laws and function in an ethical, courteous, impartial, and professional manner while respecting the rights and dignity of all persons.