DEPUTY CITY CLERK
APPLICATION DUE DATE
Submit resume and application by Friday, November 30, 2018 at 4:30 PM to Amy Guenther – AGuenther@FortMitchell.com or 2355 Dixie Highway, Fort Mitchell, KY 41017.
HOURS AND WAGES
The City office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. The required work week is 37.5 hours. The annual pay range is $40,000 – $56,500.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This employee assists the City Clerk/Treasurer and is cross trained in City Clerk/Treasurer’s duties which require accuracy, proficiency and confidentiality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Accounting: Reconcile bank accounts, record accounts payable, run checks and maintain accounts receivable on accounting software (Sage50) and property taxes on property tax software (Pontem). Ensure that purchasing and other accounting procedures are properly followed.
- Human Resources: On-board new employees. Maintain personnel files and update personnel forms, policies and procedures on Power DMS software system. Coordinate drug testing with St. Elizabeth Business Health. Work with health insurance broker and benefit providers. Plan employee health fair.
- Payroll: Maintain employees in payroll system and process payroll. Report payroll to the Kentucky Retirement System.
- Administration: Coordinate various daytime and evening meetings and take minutes. Publish bids, meeting dates and legislation according to law. Maintain databases of employees, council, volunteers and board. Maintain all official records of the city.
- Customer Service: Backup receptionist with customer walk-ins and phone calls always in a professional and courteous manner.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED OR REQUIRED
- 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in human resources, accounting, or local government administration is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. Persons with an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience will be considered.
- Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) certification is desired or willingness to obtain CMC, which requires three years of one week training normally the 3rd or 4th week of July in Lexington.
- Employee must be bondable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
LANGUAGE ABILITY AND INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION
- Ability to read, analyze, classify, compute, compare, count, and sort data and information.
- Ability to assemble, copy, record, and transcribe information.
- Ability to interpret how to apply policies, procedures, guidelines, correspondence, manuals and laws to specific situations.
Ability to add, subtract, measure, multiply and divide, and calculate percentages, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements such as rapid keyboard use, writing and filing.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, involving lifting and carrying (up to 20 pounds), pushing and pulling.
- Ability to handle, finger and feel.
Subject to pre-employment physical, drug testing, criminal history and background check.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
The City of Fort Mitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.