Strategic Economic Development Study
The Economic Development Study examined the needs of existing businesses in the historic Fort Mitchell business district (see general study area map). It focused on improving the local business environment and served as a strategic resource for directed investment by the City. The study was designed to review essential elements such as mobility, parking, streetscape, sense of place, and communication among businesses and with the City.
The study incorporated public input via a Task Force to guide the study, electronic communication, surveys, a business round table, and public meeting. The final plan was presented to the City Council for its consideration and was a guide for local improvements.
CLICK HERE for River City News Article
Task Force Members
• Gabe Wainscott, Greyhound Tavern
• Shanna Novosel, Biggby Coffee
• Dr. Michael Cummings, Cummings Dentistry
• Elizabeth Hughes, Little Flower Bakery
• Tara Johnson-Noem, Fort Mitchell Resident
• Shad Sletto, EGC Construction
• David Spaulding, Turner Construction
• Vicky Boerger, Fort Mitchell City Council
• Greg Pohlgeers, Fort Mitchell City Council
• Jeff Bethell, Fort Mitchell Resident
The study took place over the course of seven months and was completed in October 2018.
Questions and Updates
If you have questions on the project email City Administrator Sharmili Reddy SReddy@FortMitchell.com