Highland Avenue Traffic Study
The city is conducting a traffic study of Highland Avenue to identify issues and evaluate possible solutions. A public meeting was held on Tuesday, January 15, to seek public comments. Public comments were also accepted through the website until January 25th.
There were four stations each identifying a separate issue along with potential solutions that participants commented on.
- Station One – Traffic congestion and potential turn lane
- Station Two – On street parking
- Station Three – Sight distance concerns at intersection of Highland Ave and Lucerne Ave
- Station Four – Other concerns not identified
No street parking on Highland Avenue between Oak & Floral, Monday – Friday, April 15 – May 15, 7:00 – 9:00 AM. CLICK HERE to leave comments and feedback on the parking restrictions.
- Highland at Dixie Traffic Study – 12/2013
- Beechwood School Site Circulation Review – 9/2016
- Beechwood Road Traffic Study (Dixie Highway to Deauville Court) – 11/2013
Stealth Stat Traffic Survey
The stealth stat includes a radar unit which counts the number of vehicles and their speed. It is always mounted on a sign closest to the road to get the best results. The stealth stat is placed in various locations around the City in areas of concern. CLICK HERE to report a speeding concern.
Follow this link (http://bit.ly/fmpdspeedmap) to view an interactive map of recent locations of our radar speed signs and StealthStat radar device. The link will take you to a Google map with the locations highlighted. Click on any location to get more information about the speed study results.
- Superior Drive – 10/2018
- Pleasant Ridge – 5/2018
- Pleasant Ridge – 4/2018
- Kathleen Drive – 3/2018
- Pleasant Ridge – 3/2018
- Beechwood Road Stealth Stat Traffic Survey – 11/2017
- Highland Avenue Stealth Stat Traffic Survey – 1/2017