Highland Avenue Possible Widening
The City hosted a Highland Avenue Public Meeting on January 14. The purpose of this meeting was to discuss 2020 road work projects and possibly the widening of the street. Public comments & feedback were accepted through January 22. Below are comments received.
- All public comment received CLICK HERE
- Comments from Highland Avenue residents (between Dixie Highway and Ross Avenue) directly affected by the project CLICK HERE
- Meeting Presentation CLICK HERE
- Meeting handouts and key points discussed CLICK HERE
Highland Avenue Public Meeting
WHEN: Tuesday, January 14
TIME: 6:30 PM
WHERE: Beechwood School Cafeteria
- After two years of waterline projects, Highland Avenue will be resurfaced in 2020.
- The time to consider widening of Highland Avenue from Dixie Highway to Ross Avenue is now.
- Prior to any decisions being made, the City would like to get your input.
Highland Avenue Traffic Study 2019
The City is conducting a traffic study of Highland Avenue to identify issues and evaluate possible solutions. A public meeting was held January 15 to seek public comments. Public comments were also accepted through the website through January 25.
There were four stations, each identifying a separate issue, along with potential solutions participants commented on.
- Station One – Traffic congestion and potential turn lane
- Station Two – On street parking
- Station Three – Sight distance concerns at intersection of Highland Avenue and Lucerne Avenue
- Station Four – Other concerns not identified
- Highland at Dixie Traffic Study – December 2013
- Highland Avenue Traffic Study – 2003/2004
- Beechwood School Site Circulation Review – September 2016
- Beechwood Road Traffic Study (Dixie Highway to Deauville Court) – November 2013
Stealth Stat Traffic Survey
The stealth stat includes a radar unit which counts the number of vehicles and their speed. It is always mounted on a sign closest to the road to get the best results. The stealth stat is placed in various locations around the City in areas of concern. CLICK HERE to report a speeding concern.
Follow this link (http://bit.ly/fmpdspeedmap) to view an interactive map of recent locations of our radar speed signs and StealthStat radar device. The link will take you to a Google map with the locations highlighted. Click on any location to get more information about the speed study results.
- Superior Drive – October 2018
- Pleasant Ridge – May 2018
- Pleasant Ridge – April 2018
- Kathleen Drive – March 2018
- Pleasant Ridge – March 2018
- Beechwood Road Stealth Stat Traffic Survey – November 2017
- Highland Avenue Stealth Stat Traffic Survey – January 2017