Parks & Recreation
General Ormsby Mitchel Park: Long Range Plan
A survey was mailed to every property in Fort Mitchell to seek feedback on improvements to the park. The results of the survey show that almost 70 percent of the community respondents like the idea of having a walking/running trail, and over half would like to see the park buildings renovated.
The following are the two proposals that were discussed at the open forums:
- Option A: Major elements include adding a walking trail, updating buildings, adding a recreation center, turf soccer field, adding workout equipment, and adding batting cage.
- Option B: Like Option A, but different walking trail, baseball field location changed along with field dimensions.
- Public Meeting Notes: Public Meeting Notes (Jan 19th and Jan 31st)
The next step for the Park Board in developing the Long Range Plan is to start looking at a rough time line:
- The Park Board would like to have renovation ideas by the end of April.
- The Park Board will hold another public meeting (this time at the park this summer) once renovation ideas have been decided.
- The Park Board would like to have plans in place to make this renovations to the park during the winter months of 2017-18.